Monday, October 27, 2014

Observation 2

For my second observation I noticed a lot of things that weren't visible during the first observation. This may because of the quality of the microscopes used or because of the help from Dr. McFarland. Either way, what I saw was fascinating. 

One of the first organism I saw was the Litonotus. On the 10x objective it took up nearly the whole width of the scope. It was quite fascinating to see it move. The movements were so quick and fluid. I was mind blown. 

I also saw an Anisonema. The Anisonema was a very basic circular blob. It had very short quick movements.

I then saw a Navicula. Navicula, it turns out, is the organism I saw during our first observation. I like to think of it as the canoe-shaped organism. It's movements are very slight and graceful.

And finally I witness a Urocentrum. The Urocentrum was very hard to capture an image of because it was moving so quickly. It looked almost like a little orb just bouncing around the microaquarium. 


Will post pictures this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment